LEVEL: High beginner and up
GRAMMAR STRUCTURES: predictions: will, won't
VOCABULARY: emotions, places, occupations
- A dice per group
- An "Instant Fortune Teller" strip per group
Instant Fortune Teller
- Ask students if they believe in FORTUNE TELLERS.
Is it possible to predict the future?
- Hand out an "Instant Fortune Teller" strip to each group.
- Brainstorm some ideas for each different category as a whole group. Be sure to include both good and bad options to make it more fun.
- Groups exchange fortune telling strips, and with a dice write down the prediction for each person.
- Groups report on their predictions. You might have them identify the BEST and WORST predictions.
"In fifteen years time, I will be a frustrated English teacher, living in prision with my husband and famous for NOTHING."
The outlook is not good, but the students thought it was terribly funny.
I hope you enjoy likewise!